Be a 2014 graduate of North High School
Minimum of 3.0 high school GPA
Enroll and maintain enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit hours at GateWay Community College
Demonstrate Financial Need
*Five (5) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded annually and may be used toward tuition, fees, books, transportation costs, exam fees, and/or educational supplies and equipment (i.e. scrubs, calculators, tool boxes & tools, medical supplies for course work/clinical requirements, etc.). Funds may not be used for living expenses such as rent, gas, childcare or food.
• First time scholarship recipients must participate in New Student Orientation, meet with an advisor and establish a Student Learning Plan, and take the Placement Test.
• Recipients are expected to attend summer school at GateWay Community College June 2,-July 25, 2014 from 8:30a.m.-1:00p.m. Summer courses are English 091 or 101, CPD150, and Math Power Camp.
• Each recipient is required to actively engage with the membership of the Phoenix Country Club at least one-to-two times per semester, to be determined after recipients are selected. Engagement may include presentations to the members on career plans & the college experience; mentorships; internships; networking opportunities; etc.
Successful scholarship recipients will be chosen based on:
• Timely submission of the scholarship application
• Thoroughness of the application & essay questions
• Demonstrated financial need
• Finalist interviews conducted jointly by GateWay and the Phoenix Country Club Foundation
*Selected recipients may apply for renewal of the scholarship annually as long as the following requirements are met:
• Maintaining enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit hours at GateWay Community College
• Maintaining a minimum of a 2.8 cumulative GPA
• Meet engagement requirements with the membership of the Phoenix Country Club to the satisfaction of the Board of Directors and the Phoenix Country Club Foundation Advisory Committee.
Students should apply on Academic Works.
Deadline is May 2, 2014 at 5pm.